Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Teenager in the House! Happy 13th Birthday, Brianna!

Today we conclude our 10 day Birthday Mania with Brianna. She is now a TEENAGER! I can’t believe it. How time flies.

She wanted to celebrate in Florida with Gram and Gramps at their time share. So we thought about it…the first of March…Michigan…cold and snowy…OR the first of March…Florida…warm and SUNNY!!!! OK! We think we can arrange that.











So today we are celebrating Brianna’s entry into the teen years in the pool…soaking up the sun…celebrating…eating the cake she made herself. (grandma helped her decorate it.)... and enjoying one another.


13 years ago, Brianna came into our lives weighing 10 lbs.12 oz…and they took her 8 days early! She was a beautiful baby with a ton of black hair... and she was an answer to prayer. We waited to try and have another baby because of my near death experience having Weston. When we felt it was time, we thought it would be easy. After 2.5 years, we had given up hope…BUT GOD came through and we were elated.

Brianna, you truly are a blessing in our lives. Your humor .... your love for Jesus ... your FUN spirit...
love for our church ... knowing already that the Lord has called you to Children’s Ministry ...


















your love for cooking,




your love and compassion for children, (now I have competition whenever is a baby is around)...your organizational skills, (being my assistant at my speaking engagements and keeping me and all my stuff together) your creativity, the way you make every one in our family feel so special…all culminate to bring so much love and joy into our home.

Thanks for letting me tell your ‘ stories’ when I speak, or on this blog…however now that your entrepreneurial skills are developing and I am now CHARGED a FEE whenever I tell them….. well...I will still tell them!!!

We are looking forward to these teen years with you. We are excited to see what the future holds for you and how God develops you in these next 7 years of teen-hood. We know it is going to be an exciting adventure!

We love you SOOOO much! Thanks for being such a great daughter... and you can take over the kitchen at anytime!
P.S.... This morning, you set our alarm and Grandpa and Grandma's alarm for 5:45 am to awaken for your BD... while you slept until 8:30... JUST REMEMBER....my birthday is in three weeks!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

13 already...I met you, "Breezer" when you were just 2 years old! You are special and it's exciting to hear that you want to be in Children's ministry! You can come watch my kids anytime :)

I love you Brianna!
AND MaryBeth...I will be calling for advice on child raising as mine get up there in age too!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day, Brianna!!! YIPPEE! (and MaryBeth, yours is the 25??) Hope your time away is WONDERFUL!
You certainly blessed me with all that the retreat offered! Thanks SO much! Love you!

Melendez Family said...

Love all your stories!! Be sure to tell Brianna a big happy 13th birthday from us here in Lansing!
It was great to see you at the get away..even if it was for a minute! God Bless!
Carmel

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom, can you please say Happy Birthday to Brianna for us. We are sorry that we missed it. Perhaps if you guys want a really warm birthday next time you could come out here. That would be an awesome party.
Take care Breezzanna, I can't wait to see you again. I miss seeing you guys and look forward to being able to hang out with you all again really soon.
Love Sam STEVENS

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIANNA!!!! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING FLORIDA, WISH WE WERE THERE WITH YOU!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY, WE LOVE YOU! COME VISIT US SOON!

LOVE,
AUNT VERONICA, UNCLE DAVID, JEREMY, SETH, JONATHAN AND TIFFANY

Anonymous said...

Brianna,
13 ALREADY! How can that be! I also can recall when your mom and dad told us you were coming; what a joy that was for all of us! You have become a beautiful young woman outside and inside. We are eager to watch the Lord direct your future! (And tell Mom Happy B'Day, whatever number it is.)Love,
Darwin & Marg

Unknown said...

HAPPY 13th Birhtday!
ENJOY THE SUN AS WE LOOK AT THE SNOW! NOT FAIR...

love,
Jill Nelson

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRIANA!
from the VanderVelde Family
next year we'll be celebrating Adriana's 13th, wow!
love,
sincerely, sarita
for Pastor Dan, sara, danny, eli, john, adriana

Anonymous said...

What a special birthday :0) I hope you all celebrated well!!!

I would love your thoughts on my latest post...if you have a moment to reflect :0)

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

http://belovedmama.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-about-when-miracle-never-comes.html
I think this was the post i was asking about :o) It's a hard question!!

And about the BIG HOUSE!!! I may have to take you up on that one day :o)

Karen Hossink said...

Wow! I just read through all these birthday posts. Your family scheduled them all in very nicely! LOL
I must say, I love these tributes you've given your children. The pictures, the words, your heart. It's all very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!